Sunday, November 20, 2011

Three lifers

Well we did find two out of four birds I wanted to see, plus a bonus! After driving about three hours we reached John Inmans' house where the red-headed and red-bellied woodpeckers and white-winged dove have been spotted for a week now. It looks like the young red-headed has settled in :) The lighting was terrible yesterday so I had to shoot with high ISO, nothing sharp unfortunately, but still very happy I got to see it for about an hour.




The dove showed up for a few minutes but was being very cautious, I was only able to snap one decent shot. This dove is not from this area, AT ALL, so it was very exciting!


The red-bellied didn't show while we were there, but I'm confident that I'll eventually get to see one this winter, there's been many sightings so far. I was very bummed that the prothonotary warbler didn't show and I really hope the little bird made it. It's getting very cold.

A nice bonus : we got to see a few beautiful ring-neck pheasants. I'm very happy with my day :)


1 comment:

Janice K said...

What a gorgeous pheasant!! It is so fun to see birds you have never seen before. The red bellied woodpecker is common here year around; however, I have only seen the red headed woodpecker a couple of times about two years ago.