Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Busy birds

I hardly had any chance to go birdwatching this summer, I guess that I was too busy. Sean and I went to my grandmother's cottage in August for a weekend and I introduced Sean to clam digging! I didn't even think of taking pictures of us digging or of all the clams we caught, but I did snap a few shots of all the busy birds around us! Most of them were so tiny! They were all looking for food and really didn't mind having us watching them. The sandpipers and plovers were so close, I could've reached over and touch them. They were doing the same thing as us; digging for food. Maybe that's why they didn't perceive us as threats :)


Least Sandpiper





Ruddy Turnstone (lifer)





Semipalmated Plover





Sean did sneak a pic of me in action, haha!



Thanks for visiting :)


1 comment:

Janice K said...

Wendy...those are great pictures. I enlarged them. Birds are so beautifully created--each one so unique.