Friday, November 18, 2011

It's time for a road trip!

I found out today that we are being invaded! By woodpeckers, that is. There's been many sightings of red-bellied and red-headed woodpeckers (!!!) throughout the southern part of the province, so I'm charging my camera batteries and going on a road trip tomorrow! There's also been a prothonotary warbler and a white-winged dove seen in the same area I'm headed, so I hope I'll get lucky!

Also, I thought I'd mention that my little Queequeg is fine, he doesn't have a tumor. He just has irritated skin around his uropygial gland (or preen gland), which caused it to swell. My little bird was picking so much and broke a few feathers around the gland, which explains the blood. Luckily he didn't start plucking. The vet gave me antibiotics and anti-inflammatory medication for the next 3-4 weeks. Giving him his 'meds' can be a challenge, but I think he's already feeling much better :)

Have a great weekend!

No comments: